2022 Key Accomplishments
- Generated over 2,200 volunteer hours (labor equivalent of $94,500)
- Drove 4,340 miles for mission support (+45% from 2021)
- Distributed over 7,000 educational brochures, 4,000 children’s placemats, and several thousand BearWise® bulletins to key target audiences
- Over 2,578 individual briefings (+61% from 2021)
- Developed & deployed a digital marketing campaign that reached 163,000 humans (+136% from 2021)
- Reached 85,000 humans through specific targeting in high–risk human-bear conflict neighborhoods (+254% from 2021)
- Reacted to and gathered scientific data from 12 Black Bear road–kill
- Founder & CEO spoke to a worldwide audience when he was chosen to present an academic poster and speak to the 6th International Human-Bear Conflict Workshop
2021 Key Accomplishments
- Generated over 2,000 volunteer hours (labor equivalent of $85,941)
- Nearly 3,000 miles driven
- Distributed over 7,000 educational brochures, 4,000 children’s placemats, 3,000 door hangers, and thousands of BearWise® bulletins to key target audiences
- Over 1,600 individual briefings
- Developed & successfully deployed a digital marketing campaign
- Reached nearly 30K people through specific targeting in high-risk Human-Bear conflict neighborhoods
- Volunteered as part of the USFS’s portion of the 2021 Black Bear Bait Station Survey.
2020 Key Accomplishments
- Established our partnership with FindOutdoors
- Coached a community on actions on keeping three Cubs from being orphaned while Mom was foraging
2019 Key Accomplishments
- Georgia Department of Transportations (GDOT) Bear Crossing signs on Georgia Highway 515 in the Wildlife Mobility Corridor between Ellijay and Blue Ridge, Georgia.
- Community BearWise® signs in the Cherry Log Mountain subdivision.